Close Encounters of the Third-Grade Kind by Phillip Done: A Silicon Valley Moms Group Book Club
Who are those people who spend so much time with our kids every day at school? We are often so wrapped up in parenthood, that we take those who engage in teacherhood for granted. Join us as Silicon Valley Moms Group bloggers talk about Phillips Done's latest book Close Encounters of the Third-Grade Kind.
- Bonggamom from Finding Bonggamom asks what do you get your child's teacher for Christmas?
- Leticia from Tech Savvy Mama gives us a list of the best gifts for teachers (by a teacher!)
- Melanie from Tales from the Crib values those who have been gifted
- Stacy from Fabulous Miss S remembers some of her favorite teachers
- Heidi from Coast 2 Coast Mom warns what's said at home doesn't stay at home
- Julie from Just Precious still has her teacher mode
- Jill from Musings from Me says third-grade has been pivotal for her children
- Aimee from Smiling Mama talks about amazing teachers
- Rebecca from Life With Boys does a tribute to teachers
- Chefdruck from Chefdruck Musings moves on to planning for career #12
- Max from The French Mommy Born in California gets "a little inspiration"
- Jessica from It's My Life remembers visiting a new school
- Erica from wellthoughtoutspot shares her reflections of a public school newbie
- Nicole from Not Just a Working Mom sometimes just has to laugh
- Robyn from Who's the Boss describes what a third grade teacher shouldn't be
- Shanna from 3 Cute Kids sees the value of a great teacher
- Angela from Domestic Blitz sees a thimble full of hope
Mr. Done (rhymes with Phone!) gave us a special treat last week, doing a private reading and book signing with bloggers from Silicon Valley Moms Blog and some of our school-aged kids. He made us laugh, he made us cry. Thank you Mr. Done!Silicon Valley Moms Blog is hosting the book club discussion this month. Please leave a comment below and join in the discussion.
Past Silicon Valley Moms Group Book Clubs have included:
- This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Topper
- Do One Nice Thing by Debbie Tenzer
- Birth Day by Mark Sloan, M.D.
- What Happened to the Girl I Married? by Michael Miller
- Testimony by Anita Shreve
- Writing Motherhood by Lisa Garrigues
- The Vaccine Book by Dr. Robert W. Sears
- The Other Mother by Gwendolen Gross
This is not a paid for post. The publisher of this book did provide free copies to Silicon Valley Moms Group bloggers to use for this book club.